Winter is a great time to get the most out of a residential solar system. Solar energy can help reduce your energy costs, protect you from the volatility of electricity prices, and provide a clean, renewable energy source. Here are a few of the key benefits of using a residential solar system during the winter months:
- Reduced Energy Bills: Solar energy is free, and once you’ve installed your system, there are no additional costs. During the winter, you’ll be able to offset your electricity costs by relying on your solar energy. This can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Increased Electricity Reliability: Winter storms can lead to power outages, but a solar system can provide you with reliable electricity. Your solar system will continue to generate power, even when the grid is down, allowing you to keep your home running.
- Clean Energy: Solar energy is an environmentally friendly source of electricity, and it produces no emissions. This means that you can have your home running without negatively impacting the environment.
- Solar Incentives: Many states in the Northeast offer incentives for installing a solar system, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey. In the winter, these incentives are often even higher than usual, so you can save even more money on your installation.
- Net Metering: A major benefit of using a residential solar system in the winter is that you’ll be able to take advantage of net metering. Net metering is a program that allows you to store excess energy generated by your solar panels in the utility grid. This means that if you generate more electricity than you need in the winter, you can use the stored energy in other months when your energy needs are higher.
Overall, there are many advantages to using a residential solar system in the winter. Not only can you save on your energy costs, but you can also benefit from reliable electricity, clean energy, and financial incentives. Exact Solar is here to help you make the switch to solar energy! Contact us today to connect with our award-winning, highly qualified team members.