SOLAR ELECTRICITY / PHOTOVOLTAIC PV PANELS
Solar PV systems are designated by the amount of electricity they produce during “peak sun” times. For example a 3 kW system produces 3 kilowatthours (kWh) of electricity each hour between 10:00am and 2:00pm on a sunny day. An estimate of the average amount of electricity produced each month is calculated by multiplying the size of the system by 130. So a 3 kW system would produce about 390 kWh each month. This amount will vary based on tilt and orientation of the panels. Also, the solar panels are very sensitive to shade.
Solar PV systems are completely scalable — they can be as big or a small as you would like, limited only by your budget and your available roof space (if you’re considering a roof mounted system). You can even start small and add-on later. The systems typically cost $3.00 to $5.00 per watt. So a 3 kW system would cost around $9,000 to $15,000, depending on the complexity of the installation, before incentives and rebates are taken into account.
Attention PA and NJ residents: Solar energy system prices have plummeted over the past 6 years and are now as low as $2.50 – $5 per Watt!
Use solar panels to run your appliances.
- A solar photovoltaic (PV) system is a reliable and pollution-free producer of electricity for your home or office.
- A PV system can reduce or completely eliminate the need to purchase electricity from your local utility.
- A solar PV system increases the value of your home.
- The system is maintenance-free. No hassle, no moving parts, and no worries.
- The system is warrantied for 25 years with guaranteed production for that time.
- You instantly begin saving money and reducing your family’s reliance on fossil-fuel based energy sources and the utility company.
More about Solar Electric (Photovoltaic) Systems from: