Exact Solar Statement During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Exact Solar is dedicated to servicing all existing customers to the best of our ability and to providing as many homeowners and businesses the opportunity to save with solar in 2020. Encouraged by state and federal actions aimed at economic help today and recovery tomorrow, we are fully continuing all sales and administration efforts as allowed. Like everyone, we have high hopes that all our customers and our partners, from manufacturers to loan providers, will be willing and able to join us on the other side of this event to continue the solar revolution!
Our policies below will be regularly updated as conditions change. We encourage anyone with existing projects or an interest in solar to contact us here or by phone or email. We are here to support you.
Update March 19, 2020
Pennsylvania’s Governor Wolf recently updated his earlier requests with an official mandate that all non-life-sustaining business activities end for now. While we hope this lasts no longer than the original 2 weeks proposed, we are following the directive fully. What this means today:
- Our field staff is working only on a case-by-case emergency basis as allowed in PA under a specific exemption issued to Exact Solar by the Wolf administration and in NJ as allowed construction activity.
- Our office staff will continue to work from home to administratively support every ongoing project. No state or local office will be open, so all applications, permits, etc., are at the moment on hold. However, as much as we can, we will work with vendors to secure supply so that we are ready to go once the order is lifted.
- Anyone considering solar at this time will continue to get our full support for information exchange, solar energy system design, and evaluations and quotations.
It is our goal to make sure any existing or potentially new customer experiences the least negative impact from this rare event. Whatever is within our ability and control to provide, we will. Once the orders in Pennsylvania are relaxed, our intention will be to revert back to the original protocol below.
Here at Exact Solar, we value equally the health and well-being of each employee, each customer, and everyone’s family members. During this unprecedented period, we are implementing procedures to allow us to continue to service new and existing customers while ensuring the highest level of safety.
First, we are closely monitoring all U.S. and global guidelines and recommendations.
We encourage you to visit these websites by clicking on the logos if you wish to stay up to date on protective measures and the status of efforts to protect each world citizen.
Our Protocol Moving Forward
Prioritizing the safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, here are the steps we are taking at this moment:
- Our office employees and salespeople are working remotely from home and are available to help customers and prospective customers as usual via phone or email.
- Our employees who work in the field are committed to staying healthy and to keeping our customers healthy. They will avoid entering homes as much as possible and when they must, they will work to stay at least 6 feet away from everyone, will touch only what’s necessary, and will use eye protection and gloves as much as possible as well. They are taking additional precautions before, during, and after work each day.
- At some points during the sales or permitting process, we may request for you to provide images of your circuit breaker box or rafters (for example) so we can avoid entering your home. If inspections are required, we will work under your guidance to make sure you feel safe and secure during that inspection.
A Few Things Out of Our Control
State and local administrative and regulatory bodies, municipalities and utility companies may have their operations disrupted due to the virus. We ask all of our customers to please be patient as we expect longer than normal waiting times. This likely will impact:
SREC certification processing
Interconnection, permitting, permission to operate (PTO) approvals
Like many, we want to be as cautious and vigilant as we can be while also minimizing disruptions during this period. Our goal is to make sure we honor each customer’s original investment intent to save for the future. But we are also listening to each request and respecting your safety and that of our employees. We will work to get customers online as fast as conditions allow, and will make extra effort to keep you apprised of the project status routinely. Should local conditions change or advisories be amended, we may decide it is no longer appropriate or feasible to continue to install systems during this difficult time. However, we will advise you as far in advance as we are able.
If you would like to know more about our policies or your project, please reach out to us by email or by phone.
Call us at (267)544-9228
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org