Use solar energy to heat your pool.
The return on your investment is better than the stock market – up to 50% if you currently use propane or gas to heat your pool!
Solar pool heating is uncomplicated and reliable. A properly sized solar pool heater will raise the temperature of the water 10 to 15 degrees (over an unheated pool). If you currently have a traditional pool-heating system, a solar pool heating system could pay for itself in as little as 2 years — an incredible 50% return on your investment — depending on how much you use your current pool heater. After that, your pool is warmed for free … forever.
- Solar thermal is currently the most affordable and effective solar technology on the market. A typical solar pool heating system costs $4000 – $6000 dollars depending on the size of your pool.
- Never pay anything for fuel once you’re heating with solar! A savings of $1000 – $2000 per summer!
- Extend your swimming season and swim earlier in the spring and later in the fall.
- Liberate yourself from rising propane prices.
- You instantly begin saving money and reducing your family’s carbon footprint.
In order to capture the sun’s energy, an area large enough to mount the collectors is necessary. This is typically a roof or a rack custom built for the collectors. The collector area necessary is 50% – 60% of the surface area of the pool. Costs of solar pool heating solutions vary depending on the size of the pool and difficulty of installation.
More about Solar Pool Heating from: